Educating the Wheelers


We've now moved to www.educatingthewheelers.com! If you're not automatically redirected, then click this. See you there!

Chronicling the Experience of Educating our Children and Managing our Family

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Choices, Choices ...

Our first daughter, Audrey, is nearly 7 months old, and already my husband Andrew and I are struggling over where/how to educate her.

The current options we're kicking around include public school, Catholic school, the very nearby Waldorf school and homeschooling.

Admittedly, I'm not thrilled about public school. I went to a handful of public schools and a handful of Catholic schools. I had a good experience at a small, neighborhood Catholic school, a great experience at a small, rural public school, a poor experience at a wealthy Catholic school and and particularly crappy experience at a suburban "good" public school. I left there after the 10th grade and started at my local community college. But Andrew had a good experience in the Austin, TX public school system [years ago], and isn't nearly as jaded as I am. At the risk of stereotypical old cooter "everything is going to hell"-speak, I do feel like the public schools have only gotten worse since we were there.

Thankfully, we have a few years to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home