Educating the Wheelers


We've now moved to www.educatingthewheelers.com! If you're not automatically redirected, then click this. See you there!

Chronicling the Experience of Educating our Children and Managing our Family

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Clothing

The only thing I hate more than clothes shopping is having to spend money on clothes.

These days, when I have to buy clothes -- like, say, now, when I'm third trimester superchunk pregnant and it's winter, while last time I was superchunk pregnant, it was nasty Texas summer -- I hold off until I can head up to Minnesota to visit my parents. Not too far from their house is the very best thrift store I have ever been in, bar none. I am absolutely spoiled rotten by it now. Even Walmart feels extravagant, and other thrift stores feel really ratty and dirty in comparison.

[If you happen to live around the Twin City area, I'm referring to the "Valu Thrift Store" in Sun Ray Mall. Mondays, everything is 25% off, and holidays are 50% off.]

I picked up maternity pants and 6 long sleeve maternity shirts and sweaters for about 20 bucks. And they're pretty nice looking.

I don't know how they do it, why that particular thrift store is so clean and well managed and such a screaming deal on nice stuff, but I love it, and I won't shop anywhere else.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite store ... I always find amazing name brand jeans there.

Have you been to the Unique ones in the cities? They're just as good. I believe it's the same management ... a chain deal...

3/08/2006 04:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home