Educating the Wheelers


We've now moved to www.educatingthewheelers.com! If you're not automatically redirected, then click this. See you there!

Chronicling the Experience of Educating our Children and Managing our Family

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thinking about Changing Credit Card

Andrew and I pay off our credit card balance in full every month. We use it often just for convenience and instead of our debit card for various buyer's protections in case of fraud.

But we just have a plain old vanilla card with our bank, so we're not getting any perks off of it. And I think we're about ready to change that situation.

We've kicked around a couple of ideas -- first, staying with our bank's card, but switching to a cashback version. [It is nice to see our purchase history and statements on the same online banking page as our checking account.] Second, Citibank [I believe] has a card with "disposable" one-time numbers for online use, but I've been waiting to see if some other PF blogger would get one and report back first. Heh. And third, maybe an Amazon card because I love free stuff from Amazon. [Speaking of, in case anyone has any money burning a hole in their pocket, there's always my Amazon wish list!]

Does anyone have any experience with any of these cards? Or any other ideas?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sculpin said...

I've been thinking about getting an Amazon card myself. Have you heard anything elsewhere about it?

3/03/2006 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

No, not yet. I don't know anyone who has one yet. I keep hoping that someone else will be the pioneer who takes the potential arrows, as the saying goes.

3/03/2006 09:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home