Educating the Wheelers


We've now moved to www.educatingthewheelers.com! If you're not automatically redirected, then click this. See you there!

Chronicling the Experience of Educating our Children and Managing our Family

Monday, March 13, 2006

Online Bill Pay Snafu Update

This morning, I talked to both my garbage company again and my bank. My garbage company claims to have not changed any of their PO Boxes or anything that should affect receiving their payment checks, so who knows what happens to the last two checks that my bank cut for them. [My bank does report that they have not been presented for cashing.] I'm not 100% sure how I want to pay the next bill with them. I might send a regular paper check via there payment envelope and see if that gets there OK. I sure don't want to have to call in a credit card payment every time.

On a happier note, I called Chase [our brick and mortar, day to day finances bank] and not only were they friendly and super helpful, they stopped payments on the outstanding checks without a fee, and will credit our accounts within 3-5 business days. [When you online bill pay through them, they debit the amount immediately from your account.]

The last time I had to stop a check was when I was a customer of Bank of America. My landlord got my check in the mail, held onto it for a few weeks, and then misplaced it. Could I please send her another? Grrr. BoA charged 25 dollars for the privilege of stopping that check, and said it would only be in effect for one year. [Perhaps the difference is because they are online Billpay checks instead of paper checks? I do not know.]

I know every bank has screwed somebody over, but I gotta say -- the service we have received from Chase has outshone BoA on just about every front.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Grey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com

1/08/2014 07:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home